KIA Carnival 2012 - No locks for front seats?

Our first 30 minutes with the KIA Carnival 2012 and we were shocked by the fact that the Driver/Passenger doors can be opened from inside, EVEN WHEN they are locked. Well ok, I understand that adults would be occupying the front seats, but this is not a standard. Once the lock is engaged, you expect the door to stay locked, I guess this was common sense....When we checked with the dealer, he said that what I am expecting  only works for the side/rear doors.

Nothing major, but in this day and age, you expect these things to comply to a fair usage standard and when they are not, you become skeptical about everything else as well. Happened to me, and so that night I spent a good 1 hour exploring all cases in the truth table to be sure what was the behavior of the vehicle in different locking states.

Search completed with 1 weird item(s).

Comments