m-Mawaqif Error-1021 You have reached max time limit for this tariff.

I am generally pretty satisfied with the way the Mawaqif system is set up, and how it has helped clean the parking lots. However, while using the m-Mawaqif service today morning, I encountered the following error message:
Error-1021 You have reached max time limit for this tariff. You are not allowed to purchase another ticket.
While generally I get a confirmation back, this is what I got today. Given that the Mawaqif timings are enforced from 8:00 AM onwards, if you purchase a standard full-day ticket (8 hours) for standard parking (black/turquoise) before 8:00 AM, the ticket expires the next day at 7:59:59 AM.

However yesterday I had renewed the ticket at 8:02 AM, which means that my ticket was valid till today morning 8:01:59 AM. I didn't realized that and tried to purchase a ticket via m-Mawaqif before the last ticket expired, and that's when I got this error message.

I called the 8003009 (Mawaqif Call Center) at 8:05 AM for the error, they told me to "switch off my phone and try again now" - which I found totally weird, but I did that anyway. I tried again after the restart, still got the same message, I called them again to find out by another agent that I need to wait 10 minutes after the past ticket's expiry in case I get this error, well that was again weird because the inspector might check in these 10 minutes and issues me a fine. Anyway, I did that again after 10 minutes, still got the same error. I was about to walk to the car to get a ticket manually. I then decided to give it another shot, this time it worked. I got my new ticket on 8:17 AM.

The bottom line? I don't know, something is wrong in their system (or someone please explain to me the magic of restarting my phone)... I hate to give away 500 AED -OR- spend time following up my "Customer Grievance" claim at their customer service center ... so the next time I purchase a ticket after 8:XX, the next day I will purchase the ticket at 8:XX + 9 ...... ;)

Update 29th September 2016:
I tried to renew today at the same time (the time when the ticket expired yesterday) and it worked. Seems like they have updated the system.

Comments

  1. Happened to me just now , i am not able to Renew for another 24 hours and getting an error message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... I hate gathering those coins from the nearby grocery shops (and buying those candies that you will never eat) :)

    This happened to me once again. Finally I purchased a 100 AED pre-paid card for such situations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally missed up system.

    got an sms telling me my ticket will expire at 9:18am. waited till that and then i got the error msg for 3 - 4 times. then it worked after another trial by magic at 9:38am

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time I try sms parking I get a message stating that I do not have sufficient balance in my mawaqif account. Can someone tell me how I can cancell my mawaqif account as I do not know I started one in the first place

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is happening to me today first time. I paid ticket at 10.07 am, mistakenly for 1 hour. It was required for 24 hours. I got confirmation message that parking is valid till 11.07 am. I tried to pay again for 24 hours at 10.07 am, 10.38 am, 10.52 am, 10.53 am, 10.56 am, 10.57 am, 10.58 am and 11.02 am but for same error. I think this happened to me because I sent 2 sms for paying parking fees simultaneously, both at 10.07 am. Their system got confused with 2 sms at a time and started giving error.

    ReplyDelete
  6. any idea on what is error-1016 trying to look it up but cant find

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently this error is shown if you are using an alias name for your vehicle (e.g. MYCAR) which you previously registed in the m-Mawaqif system. In that case you would've been sending message like MYCAR S 2. Until recently (I observed it since 12-Apr-2022) when I think they have removed this feature. This is probably inline with the new announcement form ITC dated 15-Apr-2022 to use the Darb App (https://readytechgo.blogspot.com/2022/04/purchase-mawaqif-parking-ticket-using.html) for these ticket payments.

      Another (less likely) reason for this error is that you are entering the wrong alias name (e.g. MYCARR) or the wrong vehicle plate code/category in your message to 3009.

      Delete

Post a Comment