Vehicle Registration Renewal & Kiosk Error Message

I recently had to renew my car's registration. Usually this is a straight forward case where you are required to do the following:
  1. Renew Insurance (Online/Phone/Visit)
  2. Get your car tested (if applicable)
  3. Visit any Abu Dhabi Police Traffic & Licensing Department center to use the Kiosk. The kiosk is able to print your registration card (aka Malkiya in Arabic).
With the new Smart Govt. initiatives by the UAE Govt, everything is real simple and there are various channels for availing these services. In this case, I was able to view this service on the MOI UAE mobile app, Abu Dhabi Police mobile app and of course the physical kiosk. However the information displayed was not the same. 

First I tried to view it on the Abu Dhabi Police mobile app, and I got this unlabelled error message:

Then I visited the Abu Dhabi Police Traffic & Licensing Department and the kiosk showed me some details, but it was not clear what was the error.  

Finally tried the MOI UAE mobile app, and got to know the actual issue.


I found that the MOI UAE mobile app was most accurate as it displayed the correct information which helped me get this done without any hassle. This app showed that there was a restriction preventing me the proceed with registration renewal and that restriction was that my mobile number was not correct - I visited the Abu Dhabi Police Traffic & Licensing Department center on Muroor street and the receptionist fixed this in a minute.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this information about vehicle registration in UAE it is really amazing
    Car Registration Renewal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi thanks for this amazing knowledge. I really helped regarding MOI and Car registration. Thanks!! Keep sharing more
    Car Registration Renewal

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment